for the frequent care of sensitive skin
The pomegranate-extract line comprises different families of bioflavonoids. One of these is punicalagins, which are active polyphenols with beneficial properties for the skin. This line also contains a base which is rich in vitamin A (retinol), Aloe Vera and other medicinal plants that moisturise and soothe.
Active substance against secondary infections caused by Staphylococcus and Malassezia (6-9).
LetiGranada, the main ingredient of which is purified pomegranate extract, is formulated with a base rich in vitamin A (retinol), extract of Aloe Vera and other medicinal plants such as Calendula officinalis, Rosmarinus officinalis and Hypericum perforatum, among others, which provide the soothing moisturising effects of these plants.
- Indication: Frequent washing of sensitive and irritated skin in adult dogs and puppies.
- Use: Frequent use as indicated by the veterinarian.
- 500 ml
LetiGranada OTIC CLEANSER
- Indication: Cleansing and maintenance of sensitive and irritated ears.
- Use: Physiological cleansing of healthy ears (1 application every 10–15 days).
Preventive cleansing in breeds prone to allergy (1 application every 10–15 days).
Cleansing after treatment for infectious otitis (1 application every 5–7 days).
- 125 ml
- Rasheed Z, Akhtar N, Anbazhagan AN, Ramamurthy S, Shukla M, Haqqi TM. Polyphenol-rich pomergranate fruit extract (POMx) suppresses PMACI-induced expression of pro-inflamatory cytokines by inhibiting the activation of MAP kinases and NF-kB in human KU812cells. Journal of Inflamation 2009; 6:1.
- Aslam MN, Lansky EP, Varani J. Pomergranate as a cosmeceutical source: Pomergranate fractions promote proliferation and procollagen synthesis and inhibit matrix metalloproteinase-1 production in human skin cells. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 2006; 103: 311-318.
- Kang SJ, Choi BR, Kim SH, Yi HY, Park HR, Park SJ, Song CH, Park JH, Lee YJ, Kwang S. Inhibitory effects of pomegranate concentrated solution on the activities of hyaluronidase, tyrosinase, and metalloproteinase . J Cosmet Sci 2015; 66:145-59.
- Zekavat O, Amanat A, Karami M, Paydar S, Gramizadeh B, Zareian-Jahromi M. Wound healing studies using Punica granatum peel: an animal experimental study. Adv Skin Wound Care 2016; 29:217-25.
- Gil MI , Thomas-Barberan FA, Hess-Pierce B, Holcroft DM, Kader AA. Antioxidant activity of pomergranate juice and its relationship with phenolic composition and processing. Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry 2000; 48: 4851-4859.
- Ismail T, Sestili P, Akhtar S. Pomegranate peel and fruit extracts: A review of potential anti-inflammatory and anti-infective effects. J Ethnopharmacol 2012;143(2):397–405.
- Ramió-Lluch L, Cerrato S, García N, Brazís P, Puigdemont A. Antimicrobial effect of pomegranate extract in Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas, Escherichia and Malassezia cultures. Poster. 48º Congreso nacional de Asociación Veterinarios Españoles Especialistas Pequeños Animales - South European Veterinary Conference (AVEPA-SEVC). Barcelona (Spain) 2013. Download póster
- Ramió L, Cerrato S, Arosemena L, Calvo MA, Brazís P, Puigdemont A. Antimicrobial activity of pomegranate extract against canine skin pathogens. Oral communication and poster. 28th Annual Congress of the European Society and College of Veterinary Dermatology (ESVD). Krakow (Poland) 2015. Abstract published in: Vet Dermatol 2015; 26: 300. Download póster - Download abstract
- Puigdemont A, D’Andreano S, Ramió L, Pol G, Cuscó A, Francino O, P Brazís. Efecto de un limpiador ótico con extracto de granada sobre la clínica, la microbiota y la micobiota del canal auditivo de perros con dermatitits atópica. Poster. 18th Congreso de Especialidades Veterinarias GTA / AVEPA. Zaragoza (Spain). 2019. Download póster - Download abstact
- Howell AB, D'Souza DH. The pomegranate: effects on bacteria and viruses that influence human health. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013; 2013:11.
- Afaq F et al. Protective effect of pomegranate-derived products on UVB-mediated damage in human reconstituted skin. Exp Dermatol. 2009. Jun; 18(6): 553-61.
- Dario MF et al. Efficacy of Punica granatum L. hydroalcoholic extract on properties of dyed hair exposed to UVA radiation. J Photochem. Photobiol B. 2013, Mar 5; 120: 142-7.